GDPR - Certified Data Protection Officer (DPO)
The PECB Certified Data Protection Officer training course enables you to acquire the necessary knowledge and skills, and develop the competence to perform the role of the data protection officer in a GDPR compliance program implementation.
Live online events
As data protection is becoming more and more valuable, the need for organizations to protect these data is also constantly increasing. Besides violating the fundamental rights and freedoms of persons, not complying with the data protection regulations can lead to risky situations that could harm an organization’s credibility, reputation, and financial status. This is where your skills as a data protection officers come to place.
The PECB Certified Data Protection Officer training course will help you acquire the knowledge and skills to serve as a Data Protection Officer (DPO) so as to help organizations ensure compliance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) requirements.
Based on practical exercises, you will be able to master the role of the DPO and become competent to inform, advise, and monitor compliance with the GDPR and cooperate with the supervisory authority.
After attending the training course, you can sit for the exam, and if you successfully pass the exam, you can apply for the “PECB Certified Data Protection Officer” credential. The internationally recognized “PECB Certified Data Protection Officer” certificate will prove that you have the professional capabilities and practical knowledge to advise the controller and the processor on how to meet their obligations regarding the GDPR compliance.
- Managers or consultants seeking to prepare and support an organization in planning, implementing, and maintaining a compliance program based on the GDPR
- DPOs and individuals responsible for maintaining conformance with the GDPR requirements
- Members of information security, incident management, and business continuity teams
- Technical and compliance experts seeking to prepare for a data protection officer role
- Expert advisors involved in the security of personal data
Participants attending this training course are required to have a fundamental understanding of the GDPR and comprehensive knowledge of data protection requirements.
- Study Guide
- Experienced PECB Instructor
- Exam Voucher
- Certificate on Completion
- Refreshments (Classroom training)
The “PECB Certified Data Protection Officer” exam complies with the PECB Examination and Certification Program (ECP) requirements. The exam covers the following competency domains:
- Domain 1: Data protection concepts, General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), and compliance measures
- Domain 2: Roles and responsibilities of accountable parties for the GDPR compliance
- Domain 3: Technical and organizational measures for data protection
In case candidates fail the exam, they can retake the exam within 12 months following the initial exam for free. This applies only to the candidates who have attended the training course.
Module 1: Introduction to the GDPR concepts and principles
- Training course objectives and structure
- General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
- Core considerations for the GDPR
Module 2: Designation of the DPO and analysis of the GDPR compliance program
- Designation of the DPO
- Analysis of the GDPR compliance program
- Relationship with the top management
- Data protection policy
- Register of processing activities
- Risk management process
Module 3: DPO operations
- Data protection impact assessment
- Documentation management
- Evaluation of the data protection controls
- Data protection and technology
- Awareness, training, and communication
Module 4: Monitoring and continual improvement of GDPR compliance
- Incident management and personal data breaches
- Monitoring and measuring compliance
- Data protection internal audit
- Treatment of nonconformities
- Continual improvement
- Closing the training course
Module 5: Certification Exam