The CompTIA Security+ exam will certify the successful candidate has the knowledge and skills required to install and configure systems to secure applications, networks, and devices; perform threat analysis and respond with appropriate mitigation techniques; participate in risk mitigation activities; and operate with an awareness of applicable policies, laws, and regulations.
Interested in attending? Have a suggestion about running this event near you?
Register your interest now
Module 1: Comparing and Contrasting Attacks
- Compare and Contrast Information Security Roles
- Explain Threat Actor Types
- Compare and Contrast Social Engineering Attack Types
- Determine Malware Types
Module 2: Comparing and Contrasting Security Controls
- Compare and Contrast Security Control and Framework Types
- Follow Incident Response Procedures
Module 3: Assessing Security Posture with Software Tools
- Explain Penetration Testing Concepts
- Assess Security Posture with Topology Discovery Software Tools
- Assess Security Posture with Fingerprinting and Sniffing Software Tools
- Assess Security Posture with Vulnerability Scanning Software Tools
Module 4: Explaining Basic Cryptography Concepts
- Compare and Contrast Basic Concepts of Cryptography
- Explain Hashing and Symmetric Cryptographic Algorithms
- Explain Asymmetric Cryptographic Algorithms
Module 5: Implementing a Public Key Infrastructure
- Implement Certificates and Certificate Authorities
- Implement PKI Management
Module 6: Implementing Identity and Access Management Controls
- Compare and Contrast Identity and Authentication Concepts
- Install and Configure Authentication Protocols
- Implement Multifactor Authentication
Module 7: Managing Access Services and Accounts
- Install and Configure Authorization and Directory Services
- Implement Access Management Controls
- Differentiate Account Management Practices
- Implement Account Auditing and Recertification
Module 8: Implementing a Secure Network Architecture
- Implement Secure Network Architecture Concepts
- Install and Configure a Secure Switching Infrastructure
- Install and Configure Network Access Control
- Install and Configure a Secure Routing and NAT Infrastructure
Module 9: Installing and Configuring Security Appliances
- Install and Configure Firewalls and Proxies
- Install and Configure Load Balancers
- Install and Configure Intrusion Detection/Prevention Systems
- Install and Configure Data Loss Prevention (DLP) Systems
- Install and Configure Logging and SIEM Systems
Module 10: Installing and Configuring Wireless and Physical Access Security
- Install and Configure a Wireless Infrastructure
- Install and Configure Wireless Security Settings
- Explain the Importance of Physical Security Controls
Module 11: Deploying Secure Host, Mobile, and Embedded Systems
- Implement Secure Hardware Systems Design
- Implement Secure Host Systems Design
- Implement Secure Mobile Device Systems Design
- Implement Secure Embedded Systems Design
Module 12: Implementing Secure Network Access Protocols
- Implement Secure Network Operations Protocols
- Implement Secure Remote Access Protocols
- Implement Secure Remote Administration Protocols
Module 13: Implementing Secure Network Applications
- Implement Secure Web Services
- Implement Secure Communications Services
- Summarize Secure Virtualization Infrastructure
- Summarize Secure Cloud Services
Module 14: Explaining Risk Management and Disaster Recovery Concepts
- Explain Risk Management Processes and Concepts
- Explain Resiliency and Automation Strategies
- Explain Disaster Recovery and Continuity of Operation Concepts
- Summarize Basic Concepts of Forensics
Module 15: Summarizing Secure Application Development Concepts
- Explain the Impact of Vulnerability Types
- Summarize Secure Application Development Concepts
Module 16: Explaining Organizational Security Concepts
- Explain the Importance of Security Policies
- Implement Data Security and Privacy Practices
- Explain the Importance of Personnel Management
- Confidently explain and define security vulnerabilities.
- Navigate the complexities of secure systems and network design.
- Explore defensive measures like PKI, firewalls, and IDS.
- Implement robust identity management and access control.
This course is designed for information technology (IT) professionals who have networking and administrative skills in Windows®-based Transmission Control Protocol/Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) networks; familiarity with other operating systems, such as macOS®, Unix®, or Linux®; and who want to further a career in IT by acquiring foundational knowledge of security topics or using CompTIA Security+ as the foundation for advanced security certifications or career roles.
This course is also designed for students who are seeking the CompTIA Security+ certification and who want to prepare for the CompTIA Security+ SY0-501 Certification Exam.
To ensure your success in this course, you should have basic Windows user skills and a fundamental understanding of computer and networking concepts.
CompTIA A+ and Network+ certifications, or equivalent knowledge, and six to nine months' experience in networking, including configuring security parameters, are strongly recommended.